This Page

has been moved to new address

Friend Friday: How Do You Do That Thing You Do?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Guilt Fashion: Friend Friday: How Do You Do That Thing You Do?

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friend Friday: How Do You Do That Thing You Do?

This week the Friend Friday* crew is letting you in on our secrets to planning, or in some cases completely winging, our outfits.

1. How do you determine what you will wear on any given day? 
Because, I have to be up crazy early I choose my outfit the night before.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month,
weekend? 
The farthest in advance I plan for certain, is the next day. However, I usually have three or four outfit ideas in my head I just don't know when they will materialize.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already
worn so you don't repeat? 
This blog is really the only tracking system I have for outfits. So far so good I guess. No repeats in the first six months.
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
(Trial try-ons?  Hanging items together?) 
I hold sort of audition for potential outfit ideas. Sound ridiculous, but I can't think of another way to describe it. Here are the steps
  • I stare at my closet. This part can take a very, very long time
  • I pull out my favorite pieces and lay them on my bed.
  • I than put possible options next to them.
  • If I kind of like the combos I show them to Nate.
  • If he likes them I try them on.
  • If he doesn't like them I try them on anyway, and see what I could change/add to make it work.
  • When I finally am happy with what I tried on I show Nate again.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do
to cut down your dressing time?
Nothing really, like I said in number 1 I have already streamlined the process by selecting my outfit the night before.
To see everybody else's answers visit Katy at ModlyChic.
Follow No Guilt Fashion on Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter, or by Email 
Got a question? Ask me at Formspring

Labels: , , , ,

20 Comments:

At 1/14/11, 8:40 AM , Blogger Collette Osuna said...

Love your answers sweets..and the idea of laying things on the bed to get a better peek..great idea!!

Stop by and say Hello♥
Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway♥

 
At 1/14/11, 9:30 AM , Blogger KT said...

The audition process is a good way to describe what you do. Pre-screening, second opinions, call back and final screening. That's excellent. - Katy

 
At 1/14/11, 10:23 AM , Blogger Heather - Inner cupcake said...

I've never thought about calling picking out clothes an audition, but I like your way of thinking about it!

 
At 1/14/11, 11:08 AM , Anonymous Veshoevius said...

oooh - we're in wide format now!

"I stare at my closet. This part can take a very, very long time"

LOL! I do this too! I should lay things out next to each other more often more launching into trying things on. It's probably a good first audition!

 
At 1/14/11, 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the audition analogy. Too great!

 
At 1/14/11, 1:09 PM , Blogger Ashley J said...

Those are awesome answers, I always model my outfits for my husband and if he doesn't like them...half the time I wear it anyways!

 
At 1/14/11, 2:05 PM , Anonymous Terri said...

If Nate gives a look a thumbs down, will you picture it anyway?

I love the idea of the audition.

 
At 1/14/11, 2:17 PM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

If he doesn't like it on I usually dont give it a second thought. However, if he just doesn't like it on hangers, but I still think it could work. I still try it on. No matter what he says if I left the house in it a picture will end up on the blog.

 
At 1/14/11, 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you called your outfit choosing process "outfit auditions!" That's kind of awesome. And what better place to lay your favorite items than on a comfy bed! Sometimes it's easier to plan ahead, but even when I choose something the night before, my mind is liable to change with my exhaustion by morning!

have a great weekend!

xoxo-
Kimberly

 
At 1/14/11, 4:42 PM , Anonymous Jodi at Day2daywear said...

Hey babe.. you just need to find some funky graffiti walls for backdrops.. the one I used is outside a skateboard shop.. you know, where all the cool guys hang out.. LOL and then there's me old lady coming along to shoot photos of myself with them all watching... LOL what a dork hey??

have a good weekend!! xo xJ

 
At 1/14/11, 4:46 PM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

The problem is we still don't have any walls like that. Boring small town.

 
At 1/14/11, 5:42 PM , Anonymous Kate said...

cool interview, I like the audition process :P

- www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

 
At 1/15/11, 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but what do you do if you man is away?
Just kidding, I think you have a great process.

The Auspicious Life

 
At 1/15/11, 7:02 PM , Anonymous Emma Clark said...

It's great seeing how other people choose what they are wearing. Thanks for sharing your process. I love that Nate gets involved.

 
At 1/15/11, 7:02 PM , Anonymous Emma Clark said...

Get the spray-paint out? (Joke!)

 
At 1/17/11, 2:20 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

Oh, but what do you do if you man is away?
Just kidding, I think you have a great process.

The Auspicious Life

 
At 1/17/11, 2:20 PM , Anonymous Ashley J said...

Those are awesome answers, I always model my outfits for my husband and if he doesn't like them...half the time I wear it anyways!

 
At 1/17/11, 2:20 PM , Anonymous Elle Enchanted said...

Love the audition analogy. Too great!

 
At 1/17/11, 2:20 PM , Anonymous Heather - Inner cupcake said...

I've never thought about calling picking out clothes an audition, but I like your way of thinking about it!

 
At 1/17/11, 2:20 PM , Anonymous Collette Osuna said...

Love your answers sweets..and the idea of laying things on the bed to get a better peek..great idea!!

Stop by and say Hello♥
Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home