This Page

has been moved to new address

Every Man, Woman, and Child: Pattern Mixing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Guilt Fashion: Every Man, Woman, and Child: Pattern Mixing

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Every Man, Woman, and Child: Pattern Mixing

Back here I mentioned a new feature I will be running. Every Man, Woman, and Child will feature for today's fashions on my friends, family, and you. 

Shirt- H&M Skirt- Thrifted Tights- Target Shoes- Steve Madden
Everybody is doing it now. Well, you can't count me in that list too. I'm now an official pattern mixer. Guys have been doing it for a while mixing patterned shirts and ties. Ladies jumped on the bandwagon too, and most do it with great panache. On the other hand, a few hot messes have rolled with this trend too. That isn't a style bashing post, so I'll just get started with the how to.
Start out by mixing patterns with the same colors. For instance, if you choose a shirt with dominant color of purple like Fia did you can pair it with a skirt that has purple in the pattern. That provides a great link between pieces. Keeping both patterned pieces floral gives a nice touch.
My pattern mixing venture combined patterns of neutral colors that allowed me to mix to entirely different patterns safely. Hey, you've got to take baby steps right?
In the print mixing world animal prints have become a neutral. Check out Tiffany at My Fashion Epiphany. She rocked a leopard print cardigan with a cute floral pencil skirt. Did I mention she is just gorgeous too?
What I Wore Today has a look that features two equally bold prints. I think that works for most people. You just have to have the confidence and sass to pull it off.

Follow No Guilt Fashion on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter 
Got a question? Ask me at Formspring

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12/26/10, 2:55 PM , Anonymous Pixie in Pumps said...

I am SO sorry that I didn't get around to sending you links! Getting sick this week just zapped all of my good intentions!

What lovely pattern mixing these women have done!

 
At 12/26/10, 3:24 PM , Anonymous Miss Neira said...

I love that belt in the first photo!

www.missneira.com

 
At 12/26/10, 3:47 PM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

No problem. I knew people would be busy with the holidays too. I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you can get in on the next one.

 
At 12/26/10, 10:30 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

Now I feel terrible for not sending a picture in before I left for my trip. But, the ones that you have here are great! Wonderful idea for a feature.

The Auspicious Life

 
At 12/29/10, 1:40 AM , Anonymous Bre Clifford said...

Wow! You ROCKED it!!! I am very jealous of you in this outfit. You can definitely add yourself to the pattern mixing club. I am still not there yet but you gave me great inspiration to try. Thanks for the tips!

 
At 12/29/10, 5:27 AM , Anonymous No Guilt Fashion said...

awww...thanks! It took me forever to try out this trend, but I'm glad I did.

 
At 12/29/10, 12:45 PM , Anonymous Annie said...

I love your outfit, what a great post btw!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home