This Page

has been moved to new address

How To: RED Manicure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Guilt Fashion: How To: RED Manicure

Friday, February 18, 2011

How To: RED Manicure

This week for Andie's Wearing Red for Women event I'm changing it up a bit. I have been sporting a red manicure for most of the month. I thought I would do a little how to, so you can see my favorite red nail polish.
 Start out with clean nails. 
I buff and file my nails after removing my old polish. I use a hand lotion than run a Q-tip with nail polish remover over my nails to remove the excess oils from my nails. 
Apply Base Coat
I use Bonder a rubberized base coat from Orly. It really helps the color adhere, and I found I have fewer chips when using it.
Apply Color
 I choose Monsooner or Later by OPI to support Women's Heart Health Awareness month. I like OPI colors, they seem to last fairly well. They are a little pricey, but I've lucked out by picking up a few colors here and there on clearance. I'll post another time with my favorite cheaper polishes.
Apply Top Coat
 I like to top off my manicures with two coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry clear coat. I've never found a top coat that I've absolutely fallen in love with. They don't seem to ever deliver on their promises of a perfect two week manicure. However, I stick with the Insta-Dry top coat for two reasons. I love the wide applicator, and the dry time is pretty short. That last part is the main reason. I don't have time to sit around and wait for my polish to dry.  If I use two thin coats of this and re-apply every other day my manicure usually makes it about a week.
My last trick is that I actually suck at painting my nails. Usually I paint them at night, and use cuticle oil in the morning to help rub off the extra color. My nails look great, and nobody is any smarter.

Follow No Guilt Fashion on Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter, or by Email 
Got a question? Ask me at Formspring

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home