This Page

has been moved to new address

What should I wear?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Guilt Fashion: What should I wear?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What should I wear?

 Gosh...this was the most trouble I've had putting together an outfit in a VERY long time. I tried on probably 5 different outfits for this wedding reception, but had trouble finding things that I liked. It didn't help that there wasn't really a dress code to follow. The bridesmaids even had varying degrees of casualness. The groom wore his Marine dress uniform, the bride wore a formal wedding dress, and the groomsmen all had on suits. As for the guests it ranged from little black dresses to jeans and nicer t-shirts. I guess I was somewhere in between all of that. I had a really bad day and just wanted to be comfy, so I did break my own rule and wore very thick, opaque leggings with a shirt that wasn't complete past my butt the whole way around. 

The Scoop
Tank- NY and Co.
Leggings- Target
Shoes- Jessica of London



Follow No Guilt Fashion on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter 
Got a question? Ask me at Formspring

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10/19/10, 10:10 AM , Blogger Jenni King said...

ah yes, don't you hate when they don't give attendees a dress code to follow... always makes getting dress just a little stressful.

Re: Base coat for nail polish.
I used Salley Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat. Though I only used it for a base coat and instead used the salley hansen no chip top coat. I really think cleaning the nails with nail polish remover right before painting them is what did the trick in helping it stay put.. but I don't know. I'm just glad it stayed longer than a few hours for once!

 
At 10/19/10, 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a hard time picking something. I hate those days.

 
At 10/19/10, 12:12 PM , Blogger Reddest Roar said...

I think weddings are a nightmare to dress for. You look great though! :)

 
At 10/19/10, 7:26 PM , Blogger Frances Joy said...

Dressing for weddings is always tricky business. I think you pulled this look off very nicely.

 
At 10/19/10, 8:30 PM , Blogger Angeline said...

Sounds like the most confusing dressing situation ever! I think you did a good job of finding a middle ground. I'm really really really digging those shoes!

 
At 12/15/10, 2:49 PM , Anonymous Frances Joy said...

Dressing for weddings is always tricky business. I think you pulled this look off very nicely.

 
At 12/15/10, 2:49 PM , Anonymous Pixie in Pumps said...

ah yes, don't you hate when they don't give attendees a dress code to follow... always makes getting dress just a little stressful.

Re: Base coat for nail polish.
I used Salley Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat. Though I only used it for a base coat and instead used the salley hansen no chip top coat. I really think cleaning the nails with nail polish remover right before painting them is what did the trick in helping it stay put.. but I don't know. I'm just glad it stayed longer than a few hours for once!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home